Live black worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterTropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey are the same type of worm as blood worms. I feed them to my peacock eel and my brown ghost knife. My container of black worms I keep in the fridge to slow down metabolism.bis it safe to feed my fish the worms if they are dead. The worm container has also started to smell recently. That's why I think some are dying???

No, they are not the same as bloodworms, but are a great live food. If they are dead, they will foul quickly so you don't want dead worms going into your tank. This is the best link that I've found on them so far.... California Blackworms for your fish!

Ok well thanks for the info. My LFS told me they were closely related to blood worms.

Your LFS was *cough* wrong. Bloodworms are midge larvae and blackworms (Lumbriculus variegatus)are really FW aquatic worms. No matter how well intentioned the LFS, question their "facts" and research for yourself to be certain. Not that it necessarily matters in this case. lol

Back
Top Bottom