Live of plastic plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started off with plastic plant's and didn't like them, so I soon switched to live for both my tank's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I started off with plastic plant's and didn't like them, so I soon switched to live for both my tank's. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
+1 and what a pain it was swapping everything out.. If I had it to do over I would have gone real from the beginning, now I have about $150 worth of fake plants and crap lights in a box collecting dust.. Hmmmmmmmm I'll give you a great deal in some fake plants! They're awesome ;)

+1 and what a pain it was swapping everything out.. If I had it to do over I would have gone real from the beginning, now I have about $150 worth of fake plants and crap lights in a box collecting dust.. Hmmmmmmmm I'll give you a great deal in some fake plants! They're awesome ;)

Lol I've got a lot of fake plant's in my fish drawer as well if you want them :D

I have fakes that I actually like, but I think I may switch to half and half or fully to real plants for the nitrogen help!

I started with fake and now I have a bunch of live potted plants. I like the live ones much much more. Just makes the tank look a lot more authentic and you won't have plastic pieces and edges being a potential hard to fishes fins

I had Silk plants for my Bettas. But once I tried Live plants again I was convinced. I belong to one of the oldest and largest Aquatic Plant Clubs around now ?
All of my tanks have live plants. Really love my Crypts and Java Ferns.

My club even has Crypt nurii Pahang mutated in several of our tanks. A plant that is extinct in the wild, due to Palm Oil Plantations.

yhaneban.jpg
ru5ypy3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Silk plants for my Bettas. But once I tried Live plants again I was convinced. I belong to one of the oldest and largest Aquatic Plant Clubs around now ?
All of my tanks have live plants. Really love my Crypts and Java Ferns.

My club even has Crypt nurii Pahang mutated in several of our tanks. A plant that is extinct in the wild, due to Palm Oil Plantations.

yhaneban.jpg
ru5ypy3y.jpg

Gorgeous tank!

I love my live plants. I have about a dozen plastic plants i picked up with used tanks and a couple of old silk plants. I don't remember ever keeping them in my tanks for long. It took me quite a while before i tried anything more than some live Anacharis as a food supplement for Comets but now that i have a couple of fully planted tanks i just want more.

Once you go planted there's no turning back. Your fish stay the same more or less but you can always change your plants, buy new types (there are an endless variety), get better lighting and equipment, mess around with various aquascaping styles (Dutch, nature scape, iwagumi, etc), and so forth. My favorite part? It's challenging. You can start with very easy lowlight plants and then graduate to tougher high light plants that require pressurized co2 and specialized fert regiments. Eventually for many the plants become more fun and important than the fish...

Just for fun try googling things like "aquarium nature scape", "iwagumi aquascape", and "Dutch aquascape". :)

I've got fake but only because ive yet learnt enough to actually know how to handle live plants. i plan on doing alot of reading and then set one up, cyle it and then move my betta over :)

I've got fake but only because ive yet learnt enough to actually know how to handle live plants. i plan on doing alot of reading and then set one up, cyle it and then move my betta over :)

Get a Java Fern. Tie it to a rock or a piece of Driftwood or decor.
It should grow. They are the easiest of any of my plants. I had one live with only light from a table lamp nearby.

Get a Java Fern. Tie it to a rock or a piece of Driftwood or decor.
It should grow. They are the easiest of any of my plants. I had one live with only light from a table lamp nearby.

Actually, just today i got some java moss and a little apple snail :) Tied it to a rock and plopped it in the corner. Baby steps! I've just been a bit wary because people have said that live plants are awesome, just as long as you know what you're doing because they can also cause problems, especially if you have quite a few in a small tank.

I personally stick to potted plants lol iv been thinking about going bigger soon though. But with potted plants they're really easy to maintain, just gotta trim the leaves and roots not and again and they'll stay a nice bright green color

Fake here.... for the time being. Live plants are good if you have the time for them. Used to run a high light high tech tank but work/life found a way to ruin it. Even with autodosers it became a chore to trim and sell. Someday when I get more free time I'll get everything out of storage, again.

I've had fake plants in my 75g for a few years now and don't really mind them. I paid a little extra for some nicer looking ones. It's all personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom