Live Plant Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Replanted another piece of my crypts. I think this will be the last one!!! Will post a picture in a day or so.
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They also send out runners. Those are easy to to deal with.
How often you add root tabs may depend on the brand. Some are each month and some are every 1-2 months.

I have some smaller crypts (C wendtii) as well as a medium size one (C undulata). Started out with about 5 in total and now I have over a dozen. New crypts will appear every few months about 3-4" away from the "mother" plant by means of runners. It's another way for them to self propagate and there is no need to remove and untangle them from the main plant.

I have some smaller crypts (C wendtii) as well as a medium size one (C undulata). Started out with about 5 in total and now I have over a dozen. New crypts will appear every few months about 3-4" away from the "mother" plant by means of runners. It's another way for them to self propagate and there is no need to remove and untangle them from the main plant.

I have noticed one just coming though my sand about 4-5" away for the mother plant. The 2 piece i move i put in each back corner of the tank. And I have the mother plant right in the middle of the tank. I think it look pretty sweet.

Would like to get some type of grass like to plant to cover some of the sand/bottom

Before I moved the 2 pieces ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407449966.719262.jpg

After I moved the pieces. I move to each of the back corners. What do you think...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407450064.657132.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407450011.118769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407450011.118769.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 54
Had to do about a 85-90% water change today because we tore our carpet out so had to move the tank just enough my to move the stand to tear the carpet underneath it and then moved it back. Everything seems to be doing great. So hopefully didn't bother them too much. I re-arranged the rocks. What do you think.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407717588.782268.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412036166.270650.jpg

Took out one of the pots out and planted some dwarf hairgrass!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom