Live plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Furgeway planted plus. I'm thinking about buying this light. With it you could grow medium light plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've never trimmed any of my plants yet as they still haven't reached the desired height.

I wouldn't worry about having to trim them. If you're getting plants like swords or anubias, there is no trimming to be done, and even with leafier plants that do need to be trimmed, it's really not a big deal. Just snip off the ends. I usually wait until they've grown long enough that I can trim them and then replant the cuttings. A great way to get free plants!

Do you have a website that I can see with that lighting info?

So from the info that I've gathered, swords need root tabs and are background plants, Java ferns are more or less mid ground plants and Anubis is considered a fore ground plant. Is that somewhat correct? I think I want to start off with maybe one or two types, I'm thinking the ferns and swords. Besides the root tabs is there anything else I'll need for the care of the plants? And should I leave my fluorescent bulb alone, right now it's on top of the tank?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That sounds good to me. If you wanted to, you could add liquid co2 and liquid fertilizer, but that shouldn't be necessary. I think you're set

Awesome sounds good, I'm actually shopping around for a led lighting. I've found a led adhesive waterproof strip with remote for 23$. Does anyone have or had one?

I was looking at led lighting originally when I got my 20 gallon, but read that it isn't actually that great for plants. That's why I ended up using the CFEs. I'm not a lighting pro though so I could be wrong.

I'm really just looking for something that I can dim, make it brighter and darker whenever I want

That's awesome! I've always wanted moonlights!

I can't seem to figure out which one the planted + is out of all those on the forum link you sent me. There's no actual name for that one

I don't think it was on the list but this is the light every one recommended to me when I wanted a better light.

It's a Finnex fugeRay planted + if im not mistaken.

So I purchased a few amazon swords yesterday, I didn't buy and root tabs or anything with them. I planted them deep into the sand next to some drift wood, I woke up this morning with one plant floating at the top. Either I didn't plant that one deep enough or my cory cats are sifting through the sand and released it from the sand. Any advice as to keeping it planted?

You could try using toothpicks to help keep it anchored. Set them in at angles so they don't slip out in case the plant is pulled straight up.

Put the toothpick through the roots or just in the sand to hold it?

I would spread the roots out and burry them. If that still doesn't help I would place some sort of rock on the largest root.

Back
Top Bottom