livefishguys fish room thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have been anticipating this for months, i finally get to set up my fish room, i will be going over my entire expieriance building, setting up and running my fish room.

i will be moving down a few set up tanks from upstairs.
29 gallon comunity
20 gallon livebearer babie tank
20 gallon crayfish tank
10 gallon brackish
6 gallon neon tetra
5 gallon female betta

i will be setting up.
90 gallon tank
46 gallon bow front
40 gallon long
29 gallon.

i am setting up my fist fish room so this is a learning expireance for me and you.

for the 90 gallon i plan on discus, cardnal tetras, and cory cats.

for some other tanks i want to do breeding and i may do gouramis for breeding,

i may sett up my 40 long with, gouramis, zebra loaches and mayby some other fish from that area.

i would love your input and advice,

i am seting up a shelving system out of cinder blocks and 2x4s, i got the idea from andy sager.

thank you

I'm in!! Fish rooms are the chillest;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i hope to be moving tanks in next weekend, we are painting the room now, i will give you all the updates

Where in your place are you putting the fish room? A basment or out building or? What are you doing about electric? That's always an issue for me.

We want pics of the process! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Following with much interest.
I've always imagined a fish room to be bit like a fish shop, rows of bare tanks, but where the fish are the only interest. Are you planning a strictly functional room or will you be adding plants and decor. Having different tank shapes and sizes will break up the fish shop look.
Have you drawn up a plan that you can photograph and post. It would be interesting to look at your ideas.
I am actually quite envious ?.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

it will be having plants, plants and rocks are my decor, i enjoy the fish but i think they look even better in a plant with sand, rocks and live plants. Who agrees with me?

this is a basement and i'm good for power. i will post pictures soon, i have it set up so i will have room for more tanks if i get them. i will have tanks in during thanksgiving break. or should i say TANKSgiving break.

it will be having plants, plants and rocks are my decor, i enjoy the fish but i think they look even better in a plant with sand, rocks and live plants. Who agrees with me?

Wholeheartedly agree. I've tried pieces of decor I thought would look nice but in the end I'm always back at ground zero with sand, wood, plants, and rocks.

Caleb

Wholeheartedly agree. I've tried pieces of decor I thought would look nice but in the end I'm always back at ground zero with sand, wood, plants, and rocks.

Caleb

Same here. I'm at the point where I actively loathe "decor". Ask my wife what happened to the "Beware of Jaws" sign that was in her family's 10 gallon when we took it over.... Give me sand, plants, rocks and driftwood!

well i have a few pieces of decor, i have a large castle, i got as a reward, i may not use it it takes up so much room, but i have 2 pieces of decor i love, both are only like 4 or 5 inches and one is a army jeep and the other is a submarine, the sub has little holes and it is so cool to see the little fish poking their heads out of the holes, i may have a picture i will post if i have it, but my main decor is plants, rocks and wood.

the weirdest thing happened, i have a aquaclear 70 i bought at auction a few months ago, it hasn't worked, but i left it plugged in and 1 day it just started sucking up water for no reason? weird

sorry its been a while, but today we are going to get the wood for the shelving and set it up then i can start moving aquariums.
her is the room now

Attachments

• IMG_9297.jpg
    IMG_9297.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_9298.jpg
    IMG_9298.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 97
Ok so which is the final colors? Love the purple. Don't forget to have a white space somewhere to take pics for sales fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the other walls are blue they didn't show up to well, we set up some stands today, we will finish tomorrow and bring tanks down, then start setting up tank

Attachments

• IMG_9299.jpg
    IMG_9299.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9300.jpg
    IMG_9300.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9301.jpg
    IMG_9301.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom