livestock for 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seconding the Danios - they seem to have a little game of tag that they play, and they zip and zoom through the decor all day long.

Especially fun at feeding time.

Though quite common, I am a big guppy fan. Can't go wrong with guppies. :)

I highly doubt you'll NEED a SAE if you just set up your tank. Besides, they get to be about 6 inches long. When your tank is established and has some algae, get a pair of otos, they'll be nice and happy, and just an inch long, plus they work harder on the algae :D Remember to wait on those guys though because they are sensative to changes in water quality...

Not sure about the rams, but I think they get just big enough so that'd I'd personally want them in a larger tank, but that is just my opinion and I have no reason behind it really. Oh, but they do need really really good water so that will chuck out your desire for easily cared for fish. Hmm... I guess that is a reason to support my idea because water quality is harder to keep up when in a smaller tank like a 10 gallon. :roll: HTH!!

Apistogrammas would go well in a 10 gallon tank. They're not as active as Zebra Danios but they do have more personality. You could put 2 or 3 in there with some pygmy cories.

Neon Tetras do better in a mature tank. I wouldn't recommend them for a tank that has just been set up. If that tank has finished cycling though I would think they would be okay. Three is too few for them to be comfortable though. I wouldn't recommend anything less than eight based on my own experience.

Juster said:
FishLover14 said:
Get 3 Neon Tertas, and 3 yo-yo laoches.

Dan :)

Don't tetras need a mature tank to survive. Also I thought loaches got too big?

I know absolutely nothing about loaches from experience, but I believe that I recently read (probably on this site) that yo-yo's only get to be around 3"?

I would suggest looking at Dwarf Loaches. You can get 3 in a 10 gallon tank and still have room for some other fish. Dwarf Loaches are the smallest members of the loach family you will typically find at your lfs (you won't find them at any pet chain store) and they are more expensive because of their rarity.

Back
Top Bottom