Loach Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Kuhlis. But they will go into ANY tiny hole. They are hilarious. Before I had a planted tank, one youngster got into a tiny hole in a tank decoration and grew in there, I finally had to get him out. They like Blood Worms alot!

True, still don't see much of the bumblebee catfish. Hmmm, don't know how to solve that. :(
I had a Upside Down Catfish scare me yesterday - shot out of the plants before I was clearing out the plants to rescape. Didn't even know it was still around.

That's why I was thinking Loaches - seem to be more fun - at least most of them.

I have dojo and kuhli, they seem to get on fine. I've never seen them mixed with yoyos or clowns, but as long as they have their own appropriate groups, I don't see why not. Might have to temp house them to let them grow out first. Kind of like toddlers getting knocked around by large puppies else.

Is mixing loaches ok? Also wondering if they hang out together?

I was looking at kuhli loaches on weekend and wondering if they would go with the two yoyo loaches I have.

My 55 gallon loach community has kuhlis, yoyos and kubotais. The kuhlis get along just find and are actually more active in this tank than most of the kuhlis I've kept. Just make sure everyone is getting enough food at the bottom.

That's good points on growing out and feeding. Hmmm, already pretty congested with 6 bn catfish (3 large males, 3 female), a bumblebee catfish, 2 yoyo loaches and mollies that steal food from anything (as well as other fish).

Still, kind of got the imagination fired up now.

Back
Top Bottom