Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beglely

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am currently cycling a new tank and want to get a few loaches for it. The three species im looking at are dario botia, stratia botia, and botia almorhae (or bengal, zebra, and yoyo loaches). Is there any particular positives and negatives to each or are they all about the same? ( i read dario botias can have mild aggression). Also I know they like to stay in groups so is it possible to intermix the species and still have them get along?

I have yoyos and love them. They get along with everything and are a blast to watch, not to mention they do a good job. I would be carefull about putting them in a cycling tank because they are a little more sensitive than say a cory cat.

Oh no they are waiting until the tank is cycled of course, especially since I too have read that loaches can be extra sensative to bad water. I seeded the tank from my ten gallon and it should be done soon so I thought I would get some input ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom