loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ky'smommy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
anything special i need to know about these?
im going to be picking about 2 up from calgary. dont know what kind yet cause i havent looked.
i got some advice on better kinds for snail eating an such.
just dont know really much else about this guys.
so help will be greatly apprieciated.

There are so many different kinds of loaches and they have many different needs/likes. Some will fit in a 20 gln. tank (Kuhli's) and some need over 100 gln. (Clowns). Some are known to be more fin nippy (YoYo).
A site that will give you some good information is: http://loaches.com/.
Have fun deciding what will work in your tank, it's great to see you're doing your homework first so you get the right one(s).

I'd get more than 2. They are social, so would be more interactive with each other if you got 3-4. The more the merrier. I love my Yoyos. I've seen the kind of chase other fish, mainly my angels, but I've never seen them actually be aggressive or fin nip them. They play amongst themselves and have a good time. They are very entertaining.

What size tank do you want them for?

I think the more peaceful loaches are yoyo, polka dot (also called angelicus), kuhli, clown (get about 12 inches), and zebra. I've heard skunk loaches are a little aggressive.

yah but im trying to keep more then enough room for my discus.lol and plus i had to drive 1.5 hours to get them and back. i also got my first bristlenose pleco im so excited.
im rearranging tanks.so. there will be maybe a few more fish moving out of the 80g cause the pet store suck and i ended up with fish i didnt so much want and then found the ones i do like and now if they were all full grown it would be almost close to max.
they made me get 10 minnows(feederfood) and to take up room until i got more then 6. but the discus dont bug them. and then i got .. nevermind now im off topic and rambling. lol
sorry

Back
Top Bottom