Loaches vs Nerite snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LukeW93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have yoyo loaches and skunk loaches and was wondering if I put Nerite snails into the aquarium as the glass seems to get murky quicker than I can keep cleaning it, would the loaches eat the Nerite snails? I know they eat smaller snails but one about larger ones?

I have two yoyo loaches with a year old nerite snail and he's safe so far but the loaches are only a few months old.

I think it depends on your luck, but loaches love snails. Mine never attacked it so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hopefully, really it depends on if they have enough to eat or not if they pick at the snails?

There is probably another underlying problem if your glass is getting murky so fast. Is it algae or diatoms that you are referring to? If so, try keeping as much natural light as you can away from the aquarium and shorten the amount of time your aquarium lights are on.

There's little to no light ever on my tank, I have another one in the same room and the glass is clear on that, it mainly accumulates on the part of the glass where the filter blows back into the tank

Back
Top Bottom