Lobster question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nøjo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a zebra lobster for my 60 gallon tank and found him to be really docile compared to the other lobsters (red and blue) that I've tried to kepe as well. And, he's much better looking, so that's a bonus too.

A guy at the fish store told me that I could get either another zebra or a rainbow lobster to go in my tank as well, and that has me debating making the move. I haven't been able to find out a thing about rainbow lobsters online, nor even much about putting two zebras in the same tank. I can't even tell if it's the same crustacean or not. I would like to have another one in my tank as they are nowhere near as aggressive as the red or blue ones. If anyone has some information or experience with these, please feel free to share.

Nojo,

are we talking SW lobsters here?

Let me know and I'll move this to the correct SW forum.

No, I'm referring to freshwater crayfish. I have a 60 gallon FW tank as well but didn't have space to put the specs in my signature.

hi- some info I found out about the zebra lobster:
size: maximum 3-4", even in the wild thats their max. the animal is from the rivers of new guinea. it prefers food and detritus along the bottom. i had one for almost 2years before he died- awesome pet. very animated and literally ruled the aquarium. ummm, the crayfish can co-exist with anotehr zebra, but they will probably divide the tank bottom in two and they will hide in corners, waiting for one to cross the line, so to speak. i would just keep the one man. hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom