Location of your fish tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
55gal, 20gal, and 5gal all in my room.
My 55gal is in the corner of my room and you can look at it from just about any where in my room. My 20gal is right at the foot of my bed. That way when i can't sleep i lay down at the end of the bed and watch my fishes swim about. My 5 gal is on my window seat next to my 55gal. Its not a very exciting tank, but everynow and then i like to have a look at my froggy. My parents a first wouldn't let me keep my tanks anywhere, but my room. My dad is warming up to them, and i'm going to see if i can put a 40gal in our office area across from my computer. Put my fish in the 20 gal in there and make it a terarrium for some fire belly toads :D

I have mine in the dining room about ten feet from the faucet to use with python.
my question is I will be upgrading and I am thinking of placeing it in the living room, and it is 30 to 40 feet from the kitchen sink faucet, will the python still work at those distances? about 10 feet way is a window and under the window in the outside is the water hose outlet.

I have my 10 gallon setup on top of my antique 2 inch thick solid wood dresser, its right above me when i'm at the computer, its directly in front of me when i lay down in bed and its the first thing you see when you open my door, its like the perfect spot lol

you could alway get a normal siphon siphon tank water out your window and get a hose that reaches the faucet to fill the tank. That way you have temperature adjustment. Just geta self starting siphon.

but i'm sure the python would work

My 26G, in the corner just to the left of my entertainment unit in my living room.
My 55G, on the left side of my bed in the master bedroom.
My 75G, dining room close to the living room on the blank wall. When you walk through my front door (which divides my living room from the dining room), the 75G is right in front of you on the blank wall.

I have a 10 gallon tank on my work desk. I am going to get larger tanks later on and place one in my living room and one in the dining room.

I keep my 50 gal right next to my desk. I spend most of my time at home there so I can constantly observe my tank while I'm on the computer or working! 45 gal tall in the family room and 10 gal on my dresser in my bedroom.

Japola44 said:
you could alway get a normal siphon siphon tank water out your window and get a hose that reaches the faucet to fill the tank. That way you have temperature adjustment. Just geta self starting siphon.

but i'm sure the python would work

I own both reg and full blown python :D

Mine are all in the basement around the floor drain. Drain right onto the floor for water changes. Perfect for me as I am lazy and sloppy.

My tank is sitting next to my bed, but I could siphon water to the yard and bring in water through a hose. Im lazy as well, but I though of everything beforehand for my lazyness.

My one and only tank (55g) is on a wall in the entry way. There is absolutely no way you can come into the house through the front door and not see it.

I just need to add some fish to it now :D

I have my 120 gal in my foyer at across from the bottom of a staircase...with the layout of my house you can catch a glimse of it from the living room and dining room as well and veiwing it in the foyer

Also like Fearless i have a 55gal ad a room divider between my living room and dining room

Back
Top Bottom