Loches in 36 gallon tank with gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello, i was wondering if i could put maybe like 1 dojo loach and 3 clown loaches in a 36 gallon tank with gravel. Im telling you about the gravel because i heard some people say they need sand becausse they dont have scales and can cut themselves on gravel. Well, i currrently have 3 cherry barbs in the tank and thats it and im looking for some bottom feaders and i dont really like catfish. So do you think i can put in those fish? Thanks:thanks:

I have 10 khuli loaches in a gravel tank and they are doing great, but my gravel is smooth and rounded for the most part. Hopefully someone can give you better input than I can.

ok thanks and do you know if that would be a good amount of loaches? 1 dojo and 3 clown loaches?

From what I've read the clown loaches can get too big for a 36 gal, up to 11 inches. Not sure about the dojo.

As it happens I just picked up 3 clown loaches today but they are going in a 75g. They can get big but apparently it takes years. They do need friends or else they will hide all of the time.

The dojo can also get big, 1 foot-ish. You might consider forgetting the dojo and get some corys to go with the clowns.

ok i will think about that and do you know if there is an eel like fish that would fit my tank and be friendly?

Back
Top Bottom