Logic and logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
07XE8Ej.jpg

GKUY6uf.jpg

So went by the LFS, wandered past the tank that was labeled for hillstream loaches and peered in for a couple minutes but didn’t see any.

So went around and looked at all the other tanks and contemplated flower shrimp or vampire shrimp.

Thinking on these thoughts I went past the tank that had the hillstream loach label and lo and behold there was a loach right on the front of the glass.

So I called an employee over, and we wound up finding three! They are in my tank now and are already way more active than the last ones were to start with, which is just making me remember how beat up the first group were coming from a tank that had just been treated for ich and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fish look like they are having fun in the tank. Fun watching them chase each other around and hang out. Makes me wish I had some again. Definitely look like they enjoy having a group to hang out with. Liked the close ups!

Thanks! It’s been really fun to see them out and about!

Meanwhile, I was experimenting with where the water comes in to the tank, and made a little spray bar thing:

DFecn7W.jpg

(Apologies for the not great picture, lots of reflections going on this morning)

And then I made it do a little waterfall thing with the loc line on the end:

YCan7YQ.jpg

I’m not sure if I like this or not. I might just go back to the loc line only. But I had the PVC and fittings so it was worth an experiment.

It's good for aeration. The bar looks good and can help keep the water moving nicely. And it's good to work on projects you think up and gain experience when you have the time vs. in an emergency.

Over the years I am at a point I now dislike water splashing sounds
in my aquariums. As they are mostly next to where I sit in the LR. Previously liked the trickle sound from my Fluval Chi (which was rehomed). This reminds me to go add so water to my tanks, lol.

There’s one behind the minnow in the middle too :) and oh yeah, the snails are very happy. I love to do little timelapse videos of the snails, they’re hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom