lol clown loach is nutz!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently bought a clown laoch and love this little guy, he does stuff that seriously makes ya wonder if all his screws are tight lol well I added this semi large piece of driftwood from my lizards cage into the tank ( yes I boiled it for 30 minutes, and soaked till the water becoem clear agian )
now theres been a few times this loach ahs disapperead on me and then just shows back up but this time had me terrified, I looked all over, under the cave, its only a 29 so theres not far he can go lol, turns out he has been hiding in this hollowed out area on the frontside of the driftwood, he goes in through the bottom and with close inspection with a flashlight you can barely see his fins, its so funny lol

Clown loaches have the tendency to hide in almost any place possible. Mine is sometime sticking on the filter side. Dont worry he isn't dead or weak he just love to stay there vertically. When you go close he swim away like a bullet. he often disappear in my tank. I can search him for about 15 minutes and then he come's out of nowhere. I have a 75 Gallon so i can search for long times for fishs.

Are you planning on upgrading your tank? Not only do clown loaches prefer to be in schools, but just one will outgrow a 29 gallon. I've heard of clown loaches growing to 18 inches.

18 inches? i heard they only get up to 12" and that's when they're not in captivity

biggest i've personally seen was about 8

i have 3 in my 55. heh, if you want some good ones go to pet market place lovemybarbs. i know you read about my horror story from going there but this time when i went that chick wasn't working

i called the manager about that little mishap, and i'm not sure if she's there anymore...hopefully not!

I have 6 in my 125 and 3 in my 75. They always make me laugh. After a bad day, nothing better than watching your fish.

SeymourFRESH said:
i have 3 in my 55. heh, if you want some good ones go to pet market place lovemybarbs. i know you read about my horror story from going there but this time when i went that chick wasn't working

i called the manager about that little mishap, and i'm not sure if she's there anymore...hopefully not!

that's a little farther down Watson from Tropical World Pets, right? Is it right near anything I could look for?

upgrading?!?! lol I havea red tailed shark and clown loach in there, talk about funny, I can't wait until they get full sized lol but seriously i'll upgraded to a 75 in a year or so, I just got the 29 so I gotta put some miles on it lol but the LFS does have 75 gallon tanks with stands and canopies, filters, heaters, lights and 50lb of gravel for 400 bucks all the time

Oh, good for you! Your clown loach will be fine in a 75 gallon, and then you can get him some buddies, yay! They are slow growers from what I understand so you'll be fine to upgrade in a year.

18 inches? i heard they only get up to 12" and that's when they're not in captivity
Well, I've never seen it personally, but from what I understand it is possible. I think it was Toirtis that told me once about some enormous ones he saw that were in captivity, that actually were over a foot long.

I can't imagine a clown loach over a foot long, thats a massive fish, I rememebr how shocked I was when I saw a 10 inch bala shark, I thought that was a myth that they grew that big

They grow even bigger than that! Too bad so many chain pet stores sell them to folks with small tanks. They're schoolers, too.

Okay Seymour. I was there. There was a girl there. She was sort of heavy-set with streaked hair. She was vacuuming the tanks.

You're right. It's a very nice, big store. I'll definitely go back. I didn't buy anything because I was looking specifically for black ruby barbs.

heavy set girl with streaked hair? is half of her hair buzzed and did she have a bunch of facial piercings?

if so then that's the one who treats fish VERY badly. hopefully it's not her lol

Back
Top Bottom