Lol merry christmas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Merry Christmas everyone! My GF brought me home fish and plants for my gift. I need help identifying the specimens. I'll post pics soon.

I'm not sure if they are compatible with my tank! My GF didn't no. Lol now I'm way overstocked I think. And I think one of the plants isn't fully aquatic.

Lol I have another empty 50 gallon sitting in my room. I'm getting rid of 2 fish anyway. So I think it'll balance out.

Here's a pic of the plant. Not sure what it is or if it is even aquatic.

image-312118895.jpg

Also my GF got me a couple of clown loaches and some sort of cichlid species. The loaches seem really happy. The cichlids too. I'll try and snap a photo of the cichlids. They love to hide in the plants though

Some sort of cichlid. Or is it?

image-2900371970.jpg

image-2279849739.jpg

image-3630941558.jpg

What are these? They seem pretty mellow

The first picture looks almost like a gold Severum, but the last some some sort of gourami I have seen recently. Dangit, I saw it yesterday too...... Grr, can't remember the name.

That's my gold gourami. Lol he wanted to get in the picture. The other striped fish. Is that also a severum?

Plant is a gold/white ribbon plant, not fully aquatic, but a neat plant. You can make a hob plant though like this

Attachments

• image-2404866678.jpg
    image-2404866678.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 77
Plant is a gold/white ribbon plant, not fully aquatic, but a neat plant. You can make a hob plant though like this

Yeah, these are not fully aquatic. Learned it the hard way. But mine did last awhile till they melted down. Cool plants, love the setup.

Haha cool! Can I plant one in my garden in the backyard?

I've got this plant and after discovering it isn't fully aquatic I took it out and planted it in a small painted watering can in the kitchen window, growing great as it is watered with water from my water changes :)

Gillie said:
Aside from your gold gourami, you have a gold and a green severum. What size is your tank?

It's 60g. I know severums get quite large. I have a friend with a 180 whose gonna take them when they grow out.

Back
Top Bottom