Lonley minows in non-heated 5g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm sad to tell you that "Snuggles" the Cray Fish has passed after a long, and hopefully happy, life -over 3 years! He was getting slower and white all over and we had not seen him outside of his cave for quite some time. He was still moving when we checked on Monday, but yesterday he didn't move anymore. :(

He is leaving behind a whole bunch of companion (food) minnows, who may not miss him much after all!

Looking at the future I don't think I want another cray fish, but i don't want a 5g tank with minnows only. I guess that anything else I put in there will use the minnows as food and will quickly disappear... not sure I wish that to the poor minnows either. Besides the tank has never been heated, what would happen if I put a heater now? Would the minnows adapt?

I really don't know what to do. :roll:

Suggestions, please and thank you!

ya the minnows would adapt. just dont bring it up very much at a time...whats it at now? I'd say if its cold then only bring it up 3 a day, untill its about 78 or so...also, what kind of minnows are these? i know the White Cloud mountain minnows are a cold water species, therefore should be kept in...cold water.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom