Look what he did to HIMSELF!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
So Gimli got himself stuck between the rock roof of the K. Loaches tank and the glass...Not sure how long he was stuck there, but I had to let him out when I got up. :( He really must have been moving around to make himself look like this! He completely avoids that side of the tank now...:???:

Ouch! He looks a little sore. Clean water and maybe even some antibacterial meds might help heal him quicker.

Stress coat might help with the slime coat that he probably damaged. Looks like a lot of water changes until he heals up, on thing about antibacterial meds they can kill your cycle sometimes.

Dont you only wish children learned as fast as fish do?

Looks like he was going after something Pate. I lost a female betta to similar circumstances, the dummy went chasing some fry into the chunk rock and well she got stuck and drown(odd a fish drowning but hey it happens).

The kuhlis look nice, I havnt seen my 6 since I went snail fishing for you.

The whole tank was already being treated with Melafix. I thought it might leave a scar on him. I think his problem is that he is just too curious for his own good lol. The bottle said to only do a 25% pwc on the 7th day after the dosing is done, which is today. It is no longer red and the wound is shrinking, so YAYY! Do you think I should finish out the meds, do the pwc and then use salt or stress coat? Or do you think I should put them in now? He looks to be healing nicely! And which should I do, salt or stress coat?
Thanks AQ1, I love my loaches! They kinda creeped me out at first, but now I like them a lot, they make me laugh! And the snails are doing great! Thanks again! The ones in the 75G have been having babies lol!
Also, I am getting some IAL in the mail soon, and I was wondering if it would be okay to put them in all of my tanks? Thanks!

who in the sam heck is AQ1?

I think you need to take a nap,pate.

Yes that is why it drown I believe, that and being stuck head first. Guess fish dont live by the 7 deadly sins...greed.

Melafix is a no-no with labrynith fish. the tea oils in it coat the lungs and render them useless of absorbing oxygen.

Heat and salt will do the exact same thing, slower yes but alot safer for these kind of fish.

Well I wish I would have known that before I started dosing....Tonight is the last night of treatment...ACK! My H. Rasb.'s had some sort of fin rot/fungus so that is why the Melafix is in there. The loaches will be okay with salt? And should I keep using salt after the meds until his wound is all healed? Aquarium salt?
I don't need a nap, I had JUST woken up when I posted that lol, dang it....Sorry Devil.

I had three gouramis and they all died within a month of buying them...i had a cycled tank setup...other fishes were doing well. It was so strange...they all seemed to start to lose scales and get swollen sores.

Yikes! I started with 4, one died in 2 days. He had a swollen belly and I don't know what was wrong with him. The other one was pestered to death by this blue one and died about a week after I got him. The other two are now seperated because of territory issues.
Your fish were probably already sick. Sorry to hear about that! I got 7 H. Rasboras recently and 5 have died....one now is growing his pec. fins back after being treated for fungus.

You should put a sign up so the fish know where not to go. That should stop that. Fish in a healthy tank seem to heal quickly.

I think the sign idea just might work LOL! I actually just moved the rock over, but he seems to be avoiding the area anyway lol!
The tank was already being treated so I am sure that is why he is healing quickly and not getting any secondary infections. I am SO glad!

Back
Top Bottom