Looking for a big fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edisondave

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon community tank stocked with about 20 small fish, mostly black tetras, zebra danios, platys, and swordtails. I really want to add one or two larger fish about 6 -8 inches maybe. My lfs told me everything they had that size would be too aggressive and wouldnt work with my other fish. I know there has to be something out there that can work with my other fish, so if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them, thanks.

Keyhole or festivum cichlids may be your best chance. They'd also take care of any unwanted livebearer fry. ;)

what did they have? will they order for you or are you willing to do mail order?

Im not sure what the exact names were, but were not very helpful at my lfs, so sure I would try mail order if I could find something that would work in my tank, so if you have any ideas let me know. thanks

Are you wanting a cichlid, catfish, oddball.. give us some info.

I would go with a couple of pearl Gouramis -OR- a couple of small angels that will get big. If you raise them with the other fish you should not have a problem with them eating your other fish.
Either way buy them small and grow them out, they will have a good chance of staying calm and peaceful with the others.

Back
Top Bottom