looking for a co2 diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Green Leaf Aquarium has really good atomizers for CO2. I use the inline version with a eheim 2217 for my 40 breeder. Smaller bubbles have superior absorption.

Is this DIY co2 or pressurized?

Green Leaf Aquarium has really good atomizers for CO2. I use the inline version with a eheim 2217 for my 40 breeder. Smaller bubbles have superior absorption.

Is this DIY co2 or pressurized?

Pressurized co2 I don't really understand inline systems.

"in-line" simply is a wag if connecting your CO2 to an external filter (usually the return line).

Yea, I use a canister filter under my tank, and simply add the co2 to the line that returns water to my tank.

They have atomizers that you stick in your tank too. Think they are $20?

DIY Inline reactors are really the best for 100% diffusion IMO. I've been told that a powerhead is the best since it puts tiny bubbles directly under the leaves of the plants, but an inline that costs about $5 in materials will outperform a glass diffuser or bubble ladder big time. It's literally a piece of PVC with hose barbs on each side and a barb for the co2... the water comes out of the canister in to the top of the reactor, the co2 enters the bottom, tries to fight its way up, water comes down, out the bottom, and in to the tank. No bubbles (which is a bonus IMO) and 100% diffusion.

There's been a debate lately about atomizer (not just diffusers) vs reactors. The thought is that microbubbles allow plants to absorb CO2 better than dissolved.

Also, reactors are ugly imo

There's been a debate lately about atomizer (not just diffusers) vs reactors. The thought is that microbubbles allow plants to absorb CO2 better than dissolved.

Also, reactors are ugly imo

I really dont want to mess witb a reactor. I just don't get how to do an inline still could someone explain the installation a little clearer for someone who doesn't know what's going on.

I'm pretty happy w/my little hydor diffuser that is basically a tiny powerhead that doesn't pump the water, just finely chops bubbles. Does well.

Back
Top Bottom