Looking for a Dwarf bottom feeder for 15g column tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Celaw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everybody!

Looking for suggestions on a dwarf bottom feeder for my 15g column tank.

So here's where it'll get tricky,

The tank houses my dragon scale betta "Skittles" and 5 amano shrimp. My betta is NOT hostile in anyway to the shrimp, in fact he tends to be afraid of them (quite funny).

So basically I was curious if they're were any dwarf bottom feeders out there that would give a little more "pop" to my tank. Additionally, this new addition will need to be compatible with both my betta and my shrimp. I realize too that due to the tank being only 15 gallons and a column, that it's possible that nothing out there exists for my setup and that's ok, my main goal here is to just see what avenues exists for me to look into.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to what everyone comes up with.

Hey Everybody!

Looking for suggestions on a dwarf bottom feeder for my 15g column tank.

So here's where it'll get tricky,

The tank houses my dragon scale betta "Skittles" and 5 amano shrimp. My betta is NOT hostile in anyway to the shrimp, in fact he tends to be afraid of them (quite funny).

So basically I was curious if they're were any dwarf bottom feeders out there that would give a little more "pop" to my tank. Additionally, this new addition will need to be compatible with both my betta and my shrimp. I realize too that due to the tank being only 15 gallons and a column, that it's possible that nothing out there exists for my setup and that's ok, my main goal here is to just see what avenues exists for me to look into.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to what everyone comes up with.
I like julii cories. They stay small and very entertaining. Great addition to any tank. Since ur betta seems more docile I'm sure that they would add some more character to the tank.

I don't know the exact dimensions of the tank, but I'm assuming that it's not too long because it's a column. Even dwarf cories need a lot of room to run around despite thier size, they're quite active. I'd just leave the betta with the shrimp. You could pop in a solo mystery snail for a pop of color and some action.

I think even dwarf cories need a bit more room, I would get some snails and maybe an oto

I would try the Otocinculus “Oto”. Make sure to get more than one as they like to be in groups. If you get these get a tall plant to provide him algae as well as a place to hide. This will also work with your vertical setup. I have a Betta, an Oto and some shrimp and they all worked out well together. All very peaceful fish.
I agree with the other posters that the Cory’s would need more horizontal room than vertical. Also if you have a gravel substrate it can hurt their barbels when they forage for food.

Back
Top Bottom