Looking for a way to get vitamins to my fish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_fresh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am using the Vitamin and Mineral Pyrarim from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, does anyone know if this a good product? any other suggestions?? thanks.

I don't know about the product you mention but I think you would be better off providing your fish with a very varied diet including vegetables some fruits, , frozen stuff ( shrimp, plankton, bloodworms, krill, brineshrimp), algae wafers, some of the freeze dried stuff (my fish love freeze dried krill). Also my fish, love live crickets. I saw in your profile you have a hatchetfish. They love crickets! And many fish enjoy earthworms.....for smaller fish you just chop them up. Hope that helps.

I do too but I'd rather give them dead crickets I didn't kill X3 lol...then again.. I used to catch crickets all the time and accidentally kill them......... but I used to feed them fruit loops! xD doesnt' that count for anything?!

yeahh...getting off topic...

Ummm......... give them lots and lots of different foods and try new stuff to see if they like it. My fish go WACKY over freeze dried plankton...didn't know that planton was that big 8O

zach_fresh said:
I am using the Vitamin and Mineral Pyrarim from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, does anyone know if this a good product? any other suggestions?? thanks.

Don't worry about adding vitamins, minerals, trace elements to your aquarium in most instances. Just a waste of money as they are really not available to the fish even if the water is loaded with them. They will grow diatoms and algae and a bacterial bloom in your aquarium. Reef's the exception do need some trace elements.

If you are interested in adding vitamins, minerals and trace elements I suggest you first read this:

http://marineland.com/science/articles/7traceelem.asp

caudelfin

If you try feeding crickets just buy the small crickets. You don't have to chop them up at all. Just drop a few in, still alive, and watch the fish go crazy.

Back
Top Bottom