looking for blue fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are a larger bodied tetra, much like the Diamonds or Bleeding hearts. Adult size is ~2" so I think they would fend for themselves well enough.

Blue tetras are pretty fast too, so I think they'd be fine. What size is your tank? Just making sure they will have enough swimming room. They are like little rocket fish. :)

Haha..they sure are fast. Brings back memories of trying to catch a school of diamond tetras. They can jump pretty good too so keep a lid on the tank.

I recently picked up some blue platys from petco (*gasp*). They have a decent shade of blue to them, and were a nice color additions to my tank.

Platies would be picked at by the barbs. I can't think of any others that are blue and wouldn't get picked on.

I have powder blue dwarf gouramis that are very beautiful. Maybe those would be an idea for you? (I have a picture of my blue gourami in the April Fish of the Month thread - she is VERY blue).

Apologies in advance!

Would you also consider a "red fish" and how many, "1 fish? 2 fish?"

Back
Top Bottom