Looking for help with online dealers reputation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnyboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone. I'm searching online for a place to buy 2 36" tek t5ho 4x39w fixtures. It's been difficult to find someone who offers a reasonable price to ship to hawaii (or even to find the fixtures for that matter). I found something that looks good but I've never heard of this company and can't find any reviews on them. Anyone ever heard of or ordered from reefers direct? It almost looks to good to be true and I'm at the checkout screen and the shipping is free? Any thoughts or alternatives would be appreciated. I need your help guys!

looks ok to me, if you pay through paypal and never end up getting your stuff you can always contest it, paypal is good about that. Also most online places offer free shipping within north america, Hawaii sometimes included, if you spend enough money, and looking at the price of those fixtures id say thats why the shipping is free

you could also call them. the number is at the top of the website.

Ok. I think I may give it a go. Just don't want to pay 500$ for something and get ripped off or never receive my product. I thought it was odd that there were no online reviews by any customers or anything.

looks ok to me, if you pay through paypal and never end up getting your stuff you can always contest it, paypal is good about that. Also most online places offer free shipping within north america, Hawaii sometimes included, if you spend enough money, and looking at the price of those fixtures id say thats why the shipping is free

you could also call them. the number is at the top of the website.

Ok we'll I went for it. I tried to call them and no answer, was sent to voicemail. I went ahead and set up a Paypal account and placed my order so we will see what happens. I'm hoping for the best.

well it is sunday, try to give them a call during business hours, and i did a google search and found some reviews through yelp and such, all of them were good

well it is sunday, try to give them a call during business hours, and i did a google search and found some reviews through yelp and such, all of them were good

That gives me some peace of mind seeing as I just placed the order. Thanks for taking the time to help me out! I really do appreciate it. Are you active duty army? I'm judging by your name that you're military police? I'm a naval aircrewman stationed in hawaii.

Hey Jonnyboy,
Thanks for your service to our country and protecting my freedom! God Bless You.
I served on USS Midway 1980 to 1984. I was a grape. GO NAVY!! OS.

Hey Jonnyboy,
Thanks for your service to our country and protecting my freedom! God Bless You.
I served on USS Midway 1980 to 1984. I was a grape. GO NAVY!! OS.

Thanks for your support old scales! Not sure what a grape is? Don't really hear that term thrown around... And definitely GO NAVY!!

Well it turns out that the dealer was ok. Only problem is they've discontinued the Tek fixtures!!! I don't think you can buy them anymore for whatever reason. I was really looking forward to a quality fixture for 250$. ATI sounds ok but the price is up there. 400$ a piece!

Dear Jonny,
I found and bought a 30" Aquatic Life 4 tube T5HO fixture off Amazon for $260. It is programmable so that you can run 2 tubes and then all four tubes. It also has two blue night LED's buly in for night light feature and it is also programmable. Each tube gas its own reflector above instead of a common one and the clear shield is easy to slide out for cleaning. It is rated as one of the higher quailty T5 fixtures. I love it! My plants are totally loving it. The 36" would be about $300-330 I think. Take a look and see if this would do. Good luck, OS.

Back
Top Bottom