Looking For Realistic Fake Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 220g that needs some plants in it. In the past I have always used real pants but for this tank it just cant be done. I have a group of Geophagus that will uproot anything I plant and a group of silver dollars that will eat anything I plant.

What I am looking for is some good realistic fake plants. Anyone know of a good brand that has some options?

I believe Fluval has some real looking fake plants on amazon, they have like a Java fern that's abt 10 in? And marineland makes a 3ft bamboo that looks pretty good, best part is it's only $10 online haha :)

You need to visit few fish stores. Some of the fake plants look very good. Even now they make fake woods which look very good. You just to see for yourself and choose which you like more and yes I once put silver dollars in my planted tank and they ate many of my plants.

Also check out silk and plastic plants at discount stores and I've seen quite a lot at Dollar stores too. I think Walmart has good prices on Fake Aquarium plants. Or Ebay. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom