Looking for Small bottom feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm moving my fish out of the ten into a 20 and I'm looking ot put some new fish in the ten. I really like pygmy cories and I'll prob just get some more and put in the ten, but can anyone recommend anything else that would be good for a small tank? I'm gonna leave my vampires and bamboo shrimp in there so nothing that would bother them.

O and I'm leaving the small gobie in there (1.5 inch). He likes it and doesn't bother anything, I might try and get some more... I have no idea what kind it is- the store manager gave him to me for free- it came with a batch of ghost shrimp- furthering my point that people just randomly catch ghost shrimp (there were several odd things in there too) :lol:

aren't gobies brackish water? and cories cant tolerate salt.

Otocinclus are good algea eaters.

No this a FW gobie. I know cories can't take salt. I also have 2 ottos. I was thinking of small scavengers on the bottom- ottos stay around the top/mid.

cories are awesome then, i love my corydoras :) Also a small pleco would do you good.

Did someone say "small bottom feeders"?

(baby bristlenose pleco)

qualitypics002.jpg

If you can find 'em, schwartzi corys only get about 1.5 inches long...

Kuhli "coolie" loaches

max size 3.5 inches !!

snake-like (best kept in groups of 3)

yeah i would stick with the dwarf cories thats as small as they get....i just wish i could find some around here

Back
Top Bottom