looking for some stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big.Jon

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have got a great deal on a 55g to upgrade a over crowded 10gal. Current stock is listed below, but now I am going to be way understocked and want to add some nice variety to this. This tank will have 2 hob filters for now first an emperor 400 with biowheels, and a tetra 60gal.
Current stock
3 sunburst platys
2 black mollies
4 silver mollies
7 random hybrid mollies ( these guys are small under inch atm).
1 clown pleco (3inch)

Any other suggestions would be great I would rather not go with any other mollies.

You honestly have tons of options, more than I could easily list.
Do you have any idea what sorts of fish you like? I always suggest cories for community tanks because I love mine, but there are other bottom feeder options as well. :)
So, a couple of random ideas are rummy nose tetras, von Rio tetras, bleeding heart tetras, kerri blue tetras, paradise fish, opaline gourami, kuhli loaches, apistos, angel, and farlowella catfish. There are tons more too, but let us know if you have a direction you want to go in and that can help us give more focused ideas. :)

Well I wouldn't mind having some cats in there I honestly haven't had alot of fish other than my two larger tanks with african cichlids. I am going to look up those tetras you listed thanks. Guess I just don't want overly aggressive fish in here.

Well, none of the fish I listed are overly aggressive, at least, not when compared to most African cichlids. :)
DO you plan on getting fish locally or ordering online? If you are getting them locally, once thing that can be helpful is to go to the lfs and write down the names of species you like. That way you can research them later to see if they would be compatible. :)

Back
Top Bottom