Looking for tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sjasmin888

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for brightly colored, SEMI aggressive freshwater fish with a max size of 3". I want something relatively peaceful, but capable of holding its own with the more peaceful small cichlid species such as Blue Rams and Kribensis. Any suggestions?

Dwarf Gourami would come to mind. Very colorful, BUT will fight back if your rams try to pick a fight. I learned that when my GBR's had fry and the DG got too close. Since then, I switched to a Honey Gourami which is extremely peaceful and does not fight at all.

I have a blue gourami. He does get aggressive sometimes but he also hides sometimes. He pals around with my pictus catfish. I would get a pictus cause he would def hold his own but I know they get bigger than 3". So I think some type of gourami might be a good choice.

I actually wound up having to rehome my zebra danios to this tank. They weren't handling the high water flow in my other 20 gallon very well. But as soon as I can get another tank to permanently rehome them, I'll check out DG's. I've had some before, but I suspect they had that disease specific to gourami as they passed on for no identified reason. They literally just dropped dead with perfect water parameters and the most peaceful tank mates imaginable (WCMM) :/

Back
Top Bottom