Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2017, 01:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Looking for tank mates

I'm looking for brightly colored, SEMI aggressive freshwater fish with a max size of 3". I want something relatively peaceful, but capable of holding its own with the more peaceful small cichlid species such as Blue Rams and Kribensis. Any suggestions?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Enthusiast

Tank of the Month Award

Dwarf Gourami would come to mind. Very colorful, BUT will fight back if your rams try to pick a fight. I learned that when my GBR's had fry and the DG got too close. Since then, I switched to a Honey Gourami which is extremely peaceful and does not fight at all.

WAR EAGLE
abw0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #3

I have a blue gourami. He does get aggressive sometimes but he also hides sometimes. He pals around with my pictus catfish. I would get a pictus cause he would def hold his own but I know they get bigger than 3". So I think some type of gourami might be a good choice.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:24 AM   #4

I actually wound up having to rehome my zebra danios to this tank. They weren't handling the high water flow in my other 20 gallon very well. But as soon as I can get another tank to permanently rehome them, I'll check out DG's. I've had some before, but I suspect they had that disease specific to gourami as they passed on for no identified reason. They literally just dropped dead with perfect water parameters and the most peaceful tank mates imaginable (WCMM) :/
Old 02-27-2017, 02:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rainbows ?
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ate, mate, tan, tank, tank mates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com