Lost another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoneFishing

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think it's time for me to try the pantyhose over the filter inlet idea. One of my ghost shrimp met his demise today, as his head was sucked into the filter inlet. Other than pantyhose over the inlet, does anyone else have suggestions?

i dont think a healthy shrimp would get stuck in a filter,a healthy shrimp would flick its tail and get away.. you could sponge gaurd it

alLexX said:
i dont think a healthy shrimp would get stuck in a filter,a healthy shrimp would flick its tail and get away.. you could sponge gaurd it

It's not the first time it's happened, I had one get sucked in when I was doing a pwc. That one later died, and since then I have raised the tubing. Just odd how this one, fairly large at 5 months old met his fate the same way.

It's not the first time it's happened, I had one get sucked in when I was doing a pwc. That one later died, and since then I have raised the tubing. Just odd how this one, fairly large at 5 months old met his fate the same way.
i kinda doubt they were healthy,one of my ghost shrimp launched itself outta the opening for my heater and filter,and onto the ground. it had to of jumped at least an inch. and when i changed the gravel in my 10,they wree in icecream containers and vaulting like 2.5 inches outta them. unlesss your intake is REALLY strong(by intake standards) im guessing they were dieing anyway,or ablut to moult.as i said above,a sponge could also work

Back
Top Bottom