lost another one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
in my 30gal tank i've got 2 snow white cichlids, 2 kenyis and 1 venustus...last night my tiny venustus died. Seems the fish that are slightly larger (maybe an inch and a half are thriving, the the one a wee bit smaller....just under an ince are dying. am taking a sample of my water up to the local pet store to have it tested this afternoon

I edited you subject to stay within the family guidelines (rules and regs) of this site.

Sorry for your loss.

2 kenyi's and a venustus are not recommended for a 30g. i suggest you take the kenyi's back too. you can get more of the socolofi's or a trio of labs.

Your Mbuna (Kenyii and snow white cichlids) may tend to be a little rough for a young Utaka (the venustus). Best bet is to avoid keep Mbuna and Utaka together.

travis - just a small correction.
only the copadichromis sp. are referred to as 'utaka'. the other non-mbuna are referred to as malawi-haps or non-mbuna.

i used to have the same misconception too :mrgreen: .

On further review tetrin is correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I hate giving incorrect advice :) Like they say, you learn something every day.

Back
Top Bottom