Lost Fish?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgan71163

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my 45g tank I have 2 blood parrot cichlids, 6 guppies, a molly, a platty, a pleco, a loche, and 2 dwarf gourami's. A couple months ago I was just watching my fish swim in the tank when I noticed my one male guppy who had a black tail was missing? I checked the bottom of the tank and he wasn't there I checked my canister filter and he wasn't there either. I also checked the other filter I have that like streams into the tank. (I'm a little new to this so I don't know what it's called) he is no where to be found. I don't think any fish would of ate him because they don't bother my other guppies but I'm not sure has this happened to anyone else? Where'd my fish go?

Either someone ate him while he was alive, or he died and then someone ate him after :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You look around the tank ...on the ground. Do you have snails?

You look around the tank ...on the ground. Do you have snails?

Yes I've looked on the ground and siphoned the tank he's not on the ground I do have a giant pen apple snail did he eat him?

Pleco, snails, other fish ..toad had right answer. I just wanted to make sure you looked on the ground too.

Ive kept guppies and when they die i rarely find them. This is due to me keeping hundreds of snails.

But an apple could...yes.

My pleco loves any I don't find soon enough

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya pleco would eat a tuna can if you dropped it in lol

Usually big fish eat small ones when lights go off. I am sure ur guppy was eaten by blood parrot.

Pleco, snails, other fish ..toad had right answer. I just wanted to make sure you looked on the ground too.

Ive kept guppies and when they die i rarely find them. This is due to me keeping hundreds of snails.

But an apple could...yes.

Alright thanks for the help was just curious wonder how he died tho

Back
Top Bottom