Lost my Favorite Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madame_X

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My favorite Bolivian Ram died today, and I have no clue what happened. :(

My husband called me when I was leaving for work and told me he had to euthanize him. I kind of wish he hadn't done it without letting me see what was up first, but I know he only did it because I would have been heartbroken if I had seen him. He said he was lying upside down on the bottom of the tank, obviously suffering. It looked as though he may have been injured somehow.

The first thing I did when I got home was check the water parameters--everything was perfect. So I have no idea what happened.

Hubby said he had noticed the fish didn't seem to be eating the past couple of days. Unfortunately, I'm in school three nights a week now so I don't even see my fish Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (the lights don't come on until after I leave for work and are off before I come home at night). But I saw him swimming around last night and, although I can't say for sure I saw him eating, he seemed to be fine.

Hopefully, he wasn't attacked by one of the other fish in the tank, although the only fish I've ever seen fight were the two rams, and I can't imagine that the other ram could have gotten THAT aggressive with him. They have always quarreled, but it has never been horribly aggressive behavior.

In any event, I'm sad. :puppydogeyes: He was my favorite.

bolivianram1.JPG

Very sorry for your loss, Madame_X. I know how easy it is to get attached to fish...especially dwarf cichlids. He WAS a beauty too! :(

I'm sorry to hear about your Bolivian ram :cry: He was very pretty. That looks like a gorgeous tank.

I hope all your other fish are ok.

Back
Top Bottom