Lost my oldest fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I have heard that most if not all barb fish can be fin nippers and bulleys so thats why I went with tetras. My concern about getting angel fish is that one out of 5 of each of my 4 types of tetras all seem to be the antagonist of there groups. Don't know how much of it is that they are just playing or that they are nipping at the others fins. Have been told to up the size of there schools from any where from 6-10 total each. I still want a do jo a pleco and at least two angel fish. And if I up the 4 type of tetras in there now to even 10 each that makes 40 fish not counting the fish I still want. On top of that I still would like either one or two more types of tetras looking at either runny nose or the penguin or some other tetra there is so many to choose from. I was thinking some neon or black neon tetras but was told those stay on the smaller size and if I got angels they would be snacks at some point.

P.s thanks for your help.

A long long time. Dojos like most loaches can go on to a decade. But the dojo loach was probably already 1-2 years old when it was collected.

Dojo Loach Lifespan

A long long time. Dojos like most loaches can go on to a decade. But the dojo loach was probably already 1-2 years old when it was collected.

Hmm, I'll have to see what the fogged eyes are an indication of, since that preceded her death by a week. I had her for a little over 6 years and got her already at 3.5". So yeah she had to be at least a year old already because I have another Dojo that started at 2" and has taken 3+ years to get to 4.5".

New Dojo Loach

Did you have to order him? On average how much do they run? (Price) and do they have to be in more then one ir can you just have a single one in?

These are pics of my new Dojo. He's very small - barely an inch long. I'm going to start him out in one of my Endler tanks.

Attachments

• 2012-06-18_15-37-43_15.jpg
    2012-06-18_15-37-43_15.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 2012-06-18_15-37-57_631.jpg
    2012-06-18_15-37-57_631.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 66
that's cool. i've never had a dojo before but i am probably going to get one later on. sorry about your loss:(

Fogged eyes can mean a ton of things:

1. Hard water /poor water quality
2. Internal parasites
3. mechanical damage
4. External bacterial infection

Most of these are really hard to diagnose on just cloudy eyes alone.

Fogged eyes can mean a ton of things:

1. Hard water /poor water quality
2. Internal parasites
3. mechanical damage
4. External bacterial infection

Most of these are really hard to diagnose on just cloudy eyes alone.

Our water here in Dunedin and Ozona is very hard unfortunately. Water changes are regular. Mechanical is conceivable considering how Dojos are so spastic sometimes and there is a blue lobster in the tank but both eyes were the same and no sign of injury. Thanks for the insights.

Skeeter4158098 said:
Ya I have heard that most if not all barb fish can be fin nippers and bulleys so thats why I went with tetras. My concern about getting angel fish is that one out of 5 of each of my 4 types of tetras all seem to be the antagonist of there groups. Don't know how much of it is that they are just playing or that they are nipping at the others fins. Have been told to up the size of there schools from any where from 6-10 total each. I still want a do jo a pleco and at least two angel fish. And if I up the 4 type of tetras in there now to even 10 each that makes 40 fish not counting the fish I still want. On top of that I still would like either one or two more types of tetras looking at either runny nose or the penguin or some other tetra there is so many to choose from. I was thinking some neon or black neon tetras but was told those stay on the smaller size and if I got angels they would be snacks at some point.

P.s thanks for your help.

I have 51 fish in my 47ga office tank. That sounds like a lot but currently the biggest species in the tank are the Kili and the Flying Fox

Back
Top Bottom