Lost my pineapple swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigge_al

Aquarium Advice Activist
I lost my Swordtail today he looked fine this morning when I feed my fish then 5 hours later I see him floating. I took him out and saw he was bloated so I touched the stomach and he exploded. Anyone every had this happen.

He exploded!? Lol that's ridiculous. I've never had bloat but if I were you I might get a better quality food. What type of food do you use and how often do you feed?

I use TetraMin Tropical Flakes once I use it up I plan to go to Omega, Nutrafin or some other high quality food. I also plan to switch to pellets. I supplement with good quality Brine Shrimp and Bloodworms. I feed a small amount in the morning and a larger amount at night.

I bought Hikari Bloodworms and Brine Shrimp both are frozen I put them in hot water and when they separate I dump the cup in the water. If I plan to give some to my bettas I use a medicine Syringe and draw some into it and add it to my betta tank. I did have some cheaper San Francisco Bay Brand Sally's Frozen Bloodworms but I think it killed my fish they would act crazy after I feed them and kill themselves so i returned them.
Most of the time the food never makes it to the bottom before my fish eat it all.

Back
Top Bottom