lots of questions please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1. what do you use to keep your glass clean what is the best equipment

2.how do you remove the algae that is at the bottom close to the sand without scratching the glass

3.why do my plants keep doing this

37953-albums1631-picture12667.jpg

4.Is there any type of disinfectant or solution you can get to soak drift wood in to kill germs

5.i have bought some new driftwood not sure if it is suitable for a tank, i did by it from my lsf but i dont trust them what do you think?

37953-albums1631-picture12668.jpg

thank you

1. what do you use to keep your glass clean what is the best equipment
i use a scrubber thing
2.how do you remove the algae that is at the bottom close to the sand without scratching the glass
you can get some amano shrimp or nerite snails
3.why do my plants keep doing this
you have a nutritional inbalance do you run Co2 what wattage are your light and how big is your tank?
37953-albums1631-picture12667.jpg

4.Is there any type of disinfectant or solution you can get to soak drift wood in to kill germs
you can boil it or bake it in the oven
5.i have bought some new driftwood not sure if it is suitable for a tank, i did by it from my lsf but i dont trust them what do you think?
if it is from the lfs it is ok
37953-albums1631-picture12668.jpg

thank you

i wrote in red

1 I use water and a paper towel to clean the outside
2 just rub it off with your hands
3 need more info what kind of plant, what lights, light color, how many watts
4 & 5 the drift should be fine just boil it to remove as much of the tannins as you can and boiling it should also disinfect it

the drift wood is to big to boil might try it in the oven.

my tank size is 240 litres 63 us gallons the plant is an amazon sword and my lights are One Power-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 40W 106.68cm (42in) T8 One Aqua-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 40W 106.68cm (42in) T8 they are a kind of pinkish colour. i have been trying to use fertilser but i struggle to knowing how much to use because i dont want it to cause an algae outbreak and especialy when i do water changes i dont know how much to put back in the water. these are the ferts i use Seachem. Plant Pack: Enhancer, NPK

is it possible i am not using the fertiliser right. i dose whats on the pack about every 4-5 weeks

what are you dosing most ferts need dosed 2-3 times a week
edit:missed in your earlier post sorry.
swords are root feeders try some root tabs the sword doesn't use many nutrients from the water

Back
Top Bottom