Low light plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone.
I am wondering what kind of low light plants I can use on my 20g to help me with my nitrites and nitrates. At the moment I have an Anubis plant and the one of the left (which I don't remember what is call) it's already kinda dying off for some reason.
Thanks!
-Bri ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421188197.300577.jpg

Java ferns are also low light, hardy, and don't require special attention.

The tall stems are Anacharis. You need to space them out and plant them so the leaves aren't quite touching.

You can grow plants in gravel, but if you ever want to change the tank in the future, you can try sand. It is much easier to plant and grow plants in the sand. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421220670.376114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Plants

Hello bri...

Floating plants that take nutrients directly through their leaves will use more dissolved nitrogen then those with standard roots that need to go into the bottom material. I'd suggest Hornwort or Anacharis (Common water weed). Just drop individual stems into the tank. These two are likely the best for helping keep the tank water clean between water changes.

B

Hornwort!!! Its actually banned in some areas because of how fast it spreads and its ability to grow in any conditions. It can take over and sucks up ammonia and nitrates like no other. Its like an underwater pine tree, that floats. Id look into it as you appear to have very low lighting.

Back
Top Bottom