Low ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I haven't tested my water in a while and I teated it and it was 6.2..,..I do 30-40 percent water changes every 2 weeks and my tap water ph is 7.1-2.......so I did a water change and brought it up to 6.4 yesterday....I went out and bought top fin ph up cause the store didn't have any other brands in stock,,,,, it says 1ml per 10 gallons and my tank is 36 gallons but how much would it raise the ph because I don't want to shock the fish

You really don't want to use those types of chemicals as they are only a temp fix. If you would go to doing a weekly 50% WC your ph would be higher. If you just can't do those weekly WC's then adding some Crushed Coral to your filter or in a media bag hung under your filtes outflow will naturally add buffer back to your water and keep ph higher and more stable. Just add alittle CC at a time until you find the amount you need to keep ph where you want it. Also if you only do a WC every 2 weeks personally I do at least a 50% one. I do 50% WC's on my tanks weekly even my 220g.

Back
Top Bottom