Lower ph naturally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alot of drift woods will lower the ph however there is a bad side you have to soak it for quite a long time or your water will turn tea color because tanins are released from the wood. it wont harm the fish but it will color your water.

peat

why do you think you need a lower PH?

most fish are just fine with any PH up to ~8, unless you are getting wild caught fish or trying to breed finiky fish its best to leave your PH alone

peat

why do you think you need a lower PH?

most fish are just fine with any PH up to ~8, unless you are getting wild caught fish or trying to breed finiky fish its best to leave your PH alone

I have 2 African Clawed who died within a week, week and a half, a pleco just died. my plants aren't looking real healthy. My ph test kit only goes as high as 7.6 and it was at its highest. Whatever solutions i find has to be low in cost. I have a piece of driftwood in there along with several types of rocks. I dont think its the rocks because theyve all been fine before. and i did add a rock, but my tank was already in decline when i did.

Back
Top Bottom