Lowering the pH of aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electromango

Aquarium Advice Regular
The pH of my water is pretty high (I think 7.6 or higher), which isn't that great for most of the fish I want to keep (honey gourami, tetras, especially dwarf cichlids/Rams).

How can I effectively lower the pH of my aquarium safely? Also, if I use things like almond leaves and driftwood, do they maintain a stable, lower pH even after water changes or do the effects dissipate with water changes? Also, would using seachem purigen counteract the effects of them or just remove the discoloration? Thanks for the help, I'm really confused right now.

It's fine for all the fish you mentioned, stable beats optimal imo.. messing with the ph with anything short of an Rodi system will.most likely result in swings which can be detrimental

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's fine for all the fish you mentioned, stable beats optimal imo.. messing with the ph with anything short of an Rodi system will.most likely result in swings which can be detrimental

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 I couldn't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom