Made the jump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well after 2 weeks of dusty water I decided to hit the books on filters.

Canister isnt really in the budget so I crossed that off.

I have two filters on the 55, The two were a aqua tech( absolutely no flow on the 30-60) and a 30-40 gallon filter as well that literlly had so much flow that I was replanting on and moving substrate back, it lifted 3" of sand and 2" of flourite to bare glass.

I now have the 30-60 on there for the biological( what there is of it) filtering while my new aqua clear 70 gets up and running.

On the AC70 it has alot of media in it, ALOT. wonder what they know that the others dont? But I have the stockers in there that came with it along with 3 layers of filter fiber on top of the carbon( being changed to ammonia bag in two weeks.) what am I to expect of this filter from a hobbyists point of view? I do have a chunk of te AC70 sponge on the intake inlet that was on the smaller HOB filter for biological media and fry( if any ever come females are ready any time now) protection.

I do have to say in the few hours its been on the water has just the right amount of flow and the water is actually clearing already.

There is a inlet nipple at the top of the intake tube, I put my CO2 line into that figuring thats pretty much what its for? Am I correct in doing this or should I just put my CO2 back on the diffuser?

If you have a CO2 diffuser, I would run the CO2 through the actual diffuser. I think you'll really like the AC70, although I'm not quite sure a single AC70 is enough for a 55g tank. I run mine on my 29g tank.

It claims to be able to handle up to 70 gallons, I also have the 30-60 aka 350 penguin minus biowheels on there and decided to keep it on there permanetely.

My diffuser is junk, ebay purchase form singapore, they told me to soak it for 2 hours in a 1:1 ratio of bleach and water, even with an air pump behind it nothing gets thru the ceramic. Quite frustrating actually.

the hobs are really going to gas out the co2 also. more so with bio wheels going. there are ways to cut down most of the surface disturbance.

Its on the AC70 not the aqua-tech 30-60.

Ok, yeah my diffuser is fuggled and I get no response from the seller on defective merchandise.

Will a ceramic stone work too?

Back
Top Bottom