magfloat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just ordered a glass mag float and an acrylic magfloat. Ill let you know how i like it as soon as it comes in the mail!!! hopefully sooner than later.

i've heard of prblems with the acrylic one picking up smalbits of iron from the substrate and scrathing the walls. but i haven't personally experienced it. i use old fashioned elbow grease for the green spot algae (hey--it builds my biceps :))

I've just started using the glass one and really like it. It works well. Of course manually scrubbing cleans faster but is definately not easier than the magfloat.

Just do not get a small piece of skin on your fingers between the two parts of the mag float. LOL that hurts!

The big (about 8" long and 3½" wide) mag float that we use for the big acrylic display tank at my friend's shop is so strong that the two sides must have a block of wood between them when not in use....if they are put together, they are vitually impossible (literally) to pull apart. Costs about $200, too!

This one: http://www.magfloat.net/products/acrylic/1000/

It is great for the algae that comes off easily, but I have had some problems getting spot algae off with it. Have to use a good old fashion scraper for that.

I have two magfloats one for my glass tank and the other for my Acrylic tank. The one for the Glass works great!

I would not recomend the one for Acrylic. I scratched my tank with it on the inside. Its a light scratch but I will not be using it on my Acrylic.

I just got my 2 magfloats in the mail today and they are great!!! I would imagine you have to be careful with the acrylic one because you could get gravel or sand cought in it.

I have the medium size Mag Float and I like it a lot. Mine even cleans the green spot algae off my glass. :D For $11 I think it's a great deal.

Cleans the green spot algae off the glass of my tanks just fine as well, just have to go up and down a few times on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom