Magical Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodie_jo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Like the person below, I have just found a snail in my tank (thought i was going crazy at first). Dont really want to kill it, but will it harm my tank? I have an oto, it (the snail) wont eat all the algae will it?

Thanks in advance!

Snails will help to keep your tank clean. They will also multiply like crazy. It is up to you whether you keep it or not. What size tank do you have?

kill the snail while you still can!!! It's probably to late though.. there's probably already dozens of snail eggs in your tank.

snails aren't all bad... just depending on what kind you have. I like my apple snails and my MTS. Although i hear pond snails can be a PITA. What does it look like?

i have a 64ltr tank with 4 neons and one tetra.

the snail is kinda small, dark colour with a lighter shade shell, approximately the size of a pea! Rather vague I know...sorry!

i meant one oto, 4 neons, one oto...was destracted by the cat!

I got those stupid ramshorns from some anarcharis i bought.... I hate them! I don't really have a reason too, but they are little and every where. I'm getting loaches tomorrow to finish them off. I used to pick them out one by one, but that was only fustrating when i found more the next hour.
If you don't want to kill them and you have room get some loaches.

Back
Top Bottom