Magnum 350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talenzmeier

Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings Fellow Aquarists!

I have a question regarding my Magnum 350. While doing routine maintenance, I noticed that outflow from the Magnum has dropped precipitously since it was new. I cleaned everything out, which is to day, I cleaned off the blue pre-filter, rinsed out the chamber, and made made sure there weren't any obstructions in the inflow and outflow tubing. I started it back up but I still have very little outflow. Would my carbon canister have anything to do with this? I just got this machine a little over a month ago, so unless it's defective, I'm not entirely sure what' going on. Thanks.

Yessir, you need to change out that carbon every few weeks or so. Its fulla gunk and plugged up. Also it has lost it's ability to absorb bad stuff.

You'll find then when you pour in new carbon again it will be working like new.

You should also check the impeller assembly at the bottom, make sure it is not clogged or very dirty. gunk in the impeller will certainly make you lose flow . Also make sure the impeller assembly is seated properly.

Back
Top Bottom