Magnum 350 really loud!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JengoJengo

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I am setting up a new tank. A 55. I have a magnum 350 pro with the 2 bio wheels, plus an air pump running. Is there some way to make this stuff quieter? I have a 20 gallon with a HOB and I almost never notice a noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The big marineland filters are loud. You can try cleaning and resetting the impeller or replacing it. Unfortunately though, all of mine sound like freight trains running through the house. Replacing the impellers has been the most helpful in noise reduction but they wear unevenly and soon become loud again.

The big marineland filters are loud. You can try cleaning and resetting the impeller or replacing it. Unfortunately though, all of mine sound like freight trains running through the house. Replacing the impellers has been the most helpful in noise reduction but they wear unevenly and soon become loud again.

I had this same problem and am slowly replacing them because I can't stand the noise anymore

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

OK, its about what I expected to hear. Rarely is there a quick fix for anything!

I guess in the future I might save up to replace it. Is there a filter that is know for being both very good and very quiet?

I've grown fond of the aquaclear HOB series. Tons of filter room for pad, media, and goodies like Purigen, and great GPH.

If you want canister, I have a Cascade 1000 that's quiet as a mouse.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have three Marineland HOT 220 and all are quiet. Its the only brand I will use.

Back
Top Bottom