MAIL ORDER FISH COMPANIES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monstermatt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I wanna buy some piranhas and iam wondring the best way to go about getting them from the mail, where is a reliable suppiler? what is the best way to add them to the tank when i get them, i have added stress coat,stesszyme, and the filter has been running for about a week, where is the best supplier online to buy fish?

http://www.liveaquaria.com is a great place to buy livestock online. if you see the logo for the website on this forum, you should click on it and go from here. Aquariumadvice has a deal worked out with them for stuff like that. good luck and welcome to Aquariumadvice.

Just make sure that they are legal to import in to your State. Many states do not allow people to own piranhas. If your state doesnt allow the sale or keeping of them chances are no reputable online store will ship them to you.

Pleco

Also, I'm not sure what size tank you have in mind, but piranhas are large characins that need to be in a school (prolly like 6 or more). I would say a HUGE tank would be in order here. On the order of several hundred gallons. Not an easy fish to keep.

There is also the question of whether your tank is cycled or not. Filling it with water and turning on the filter for a week is not enough. I would suggest reading the stickies on cycling that are available. Putting fish into an uncycled tank is just unneccessary and as already stated there is the question of tank size.

These guys sell them, but like everyone has touched on here, these guys get big and are messy. Make sure you're adequately prepared.

Back
Top Bottom