Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Maintenance day. Lots of pics.

I did my weekly 50% water changes today. Did a deep clean on both tanks so I pulled the fish out for this one. I normally leave them in because the cleaning doesn't seem to bother them but today I wanted to get in and stir up the substrate, move things around, and clean filter elements so I took them all out.

Here are my new water onions. Coming in quite nicely I think. Ever since I swapped my 8000K for a 6500K my plants have been growing like crazy. I can't wait to get a T5 light fixture and really see some growth.

This is Budweiser chillin like a boss.

Took the decor out of the 55 gallon so I could stir up the sand and get it really clean.

Catfish (oranda), Goldfish (moor), and Crawfish (ryukin) in my 3 gallon bucket waiting patiently for me to finish cleaning the 55.

Pulled about half the water out. I fill my 13 gallon trash can twice.

My refill method. I'm too cheap for a water changer. And I don't have a faucet that it'll screw to.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

The living room. We see a lot of aquarium pics but rarely see where in the house people have them set up. It's just my apartment but I think it's a pretty good place for my 55. That's the stand I hand built too BTW if you saw my thread when I built it and set up the 55.

The right side of the living room where the window to my back patio is. I keep the planted there so if I want some extra light I can open the blinds and let some sunlight in.

That's the AA forum on my TV.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

The turtle my wife found in the road at her work. They have ponds nearby. Now it's our latest pet.

Just took these too. He hangs near the right speaker when Ted Nugent, Foghat, and Fleetwood Mac are playing.

When I play Imagine by John Lennon and Rocketman by Elton John he moves to the left speaker. Political pun intended and I'm dead serious that it moved when the music started. I played Unforgiven by Metallica and he moves back to the right speaker.

Four 50 lb trash cans later the tank is full.

And my LSU theme has begun. Got some purple silk plants from Petco. Just have to find the right color yellow.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's so pretty! What a lovely home for your fancies!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice work! How long does it take for all that? Might want to look at Home Depot if you have one in your area and buy one of these. Get the biggest one you can 40g/50g and you can make just one trip to your tank. A small pump rated at 400gph (I say more) in there will then pump that water from your bin to you aquarium.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like the idea of the sports themed aquarium!! but I'm not a LSU fan... A&M all the way (lived in aggieland all my life so its kinda in my blood).. I have a maroon and white betta so maybe I'll make his tank A&M style!

jessicafish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance, pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com