MAJOR fish move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to be moving a large number of fish from one tank to the other.

One tank has CO2 which is going to be removed for 1 week before move. 2 BN pleco, neon tetra and a glow light tetra. It also has plants but I am not as worried about them. Regular dosing with EI.

The second tank has no CO2, minimul dosing of K and CSM+B. swordtails, 2 skunk botia loaches and a common pleco.

They will be switching tanks as I want the BN in a no CO2 tank with slower growing plants which I will move when I can.

What is the best way to acclimate the tanks so the parameters are as close to each other as possible so I shouldn't lose any fish if I do things right?

Simply moving the tanks or switching position is not an option as the light fixture I use is a 48 inch shop light that covers 2 tanks. I also am considering removing the gravel in the soon to be BN tank for a cleaner bottom and the fact it has a less than effective Aquaview filter. I also know that the common pleco needs to go for plant worries but he doesn't touch my plants right now so he will be fine for a while.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would just do a 50% water change on both tanks prior to the transfer and let the tanks stabilize for about an hour making sure the temps are the same then just put the fish in the other tank. Assuming you don't adjust the KH in either of the tanks I don't see a real problem.

Back
Top Bottom