Major problem...!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My friend had like, 12 feeder goldfish (temporarily) in a 55 gal tank. But it combusted this morning, leaving about 1/3 of the water. So now all of her fish (platies, sailfins mollies, and feeders) are in a 10 gal. She has nowhere to put the feeders. So question: Would it be a horrible idea to set up a temporary pond? I have a very, very large tub (perfectly clean) that I could treat to give the feeders a temporary home. They're way too big to be a ten gallon for the amount of time it takes to find homes for them. They're so large that the LFS won't buy them. Any ideas?

First,
Welcome to Aquarium Advice.

You are right that a ten gallon is way to small for goldfish.
I dont see any problem with setting up a tub for them as long as you can get the filtration you need.
Good luck.

It is probably not a good idea to keep water in a broken tank because you never know if it will break again. I think the tub is a perfectly good idea. Were you able to save your filter media from the tank to provide bacteria for your cycle?

Back
Top Bottom