Make tank look better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also have a good sized common pleco. Would it have any problems with sand or plants?View attachment 235320

My plecos destroy plants so I gave up on plants in my pleco tanks. They really enjoy the sand tho. I recently switched two tanks that have plecos to sand one with white sand one with black. The white sand looks really sharp but I'm constantly vacuuming poop cause pleco poop looks terrible on white sand .

My plecos destroy plants so I gave up on plants in my pleco tanks. They really enjoy the sand tho. I recently switched two tanks that have plecos to sand one with white sand one with black. The white sand looks really sharp but I'm constantly vacuuming poop cause pleco poop looks terrible on white sand .

The poop is terrible. I find it all over the place and it's just an eye sore. Especially since it's so long. Anyways, should I just ditch the plants? I only have one pleco but considering how big he'll get, should I?

When I placed plants in the tank they lasted few days and got completely shredded, the plecos just ended up eating them so I gave up.. But my plecos are pretty wild when the lights go out.. IMO it's a waste of money to be feeding pleco plants lol cucumber is cheaper.. I'm not a fan of fake plants but they last longer with plecs

I'll probably bury the roots with stones as well as the sand, to basically keep fish from uprooting it. It's worked so far cause my two plants are fine, but hopefully it won't be a waste of money.

I used to buy women's nylons cut a chunk off and wrap gravel and the plant roots in the toe part to keep the gravel together.. Works pretty good in the sand.

I'd suggest sand substrate with some varying height live plants and a nice background. Maybe some slate/lava rock etc... Or, possibly adding a large centerpiece of driftwood if that's more your style. Get creative with it! 90 gallons has so many possibilities.

So the game plan is live plants that are securely rooted, a background, sand, large rocks and a few caves, as well as more driftwood. That sound good?

Sounds good! You going with pool filter sand?

Most likely yeah. The petsmart closest to my house rarely has sand or a sufficient amount, so I'll just get pool filter from Home Depot. All of this in two weeks and the latest a month to complete. Thanks guys for the help! ?

I got the sand finally and it looks so much better ? it's still really cloudy but still ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399854052.982971.jpg I'm keeping those plants up there for now since more fry were born

You'll be happy with the switch. I just did and I love the sand only a day or two and it wasn't cloudy at all. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399854529.671492.jpg

I barely did the change yesterday but I already love the difference. Yours looks really nice honestly but I'm waiting for more money to get some more live plants and more natural looking decorations

The sand was 15$ from Petgoods or one of those stores I have all fake plants and rocks I just found out side of our local mall the only two live plants are the moss balls

Back
Top Bottom