Make us stop.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
we keep buying fish and just can't stop. We just bought a Gold Nugget Pleco today. There was only 2 in the store and it is the first time they have had them since we started going there! He is absolutely beautiful and will be going in the 108gal that is in process of getting set up. I really think we need some AA(aquarium anonymous) counseling :wink:

Welcom to the world of MTS its very catching and gets worse! You find yourself stating with a bowl and a betta, next a 2 gal tank with a goldfish, next a 10gal with some tiger barbs, then its a 30gal with angels, pleco, tetras, cories and a shark FINALLY......its the larger 50gal to move your large tiger barbs and growig clown loaches to. Then in another few years its.....................and so on............

You get the idea, its addictive!!!!!

Oh and thats just the tanks the fish is a whole other storey:)

Phew! I read your post, and I thought it said you kept on "burying" fish, not "buying fish"!!

Gold nuggets are really amazing fish. One thing though. I can't remember whether this 108 is glass or acrylic. If it's acrylic, take the plec back now, as he'll scratch the acrylic... But I think you have glass, in which case, you're ok. The gold nuggets in my main 55 planted are the only of my plecs which feel confident enough to be in the open almost all the time. They are constantly swimming around in plain view. Quite unexpected in plecs! I hope yours does the same for you.

And about MTS... well, it's in my sig line; I clearly have a problem with it myself!

I started about 2 years ago with a 10gal and some feeder goldfish.

Now, I have 5 tanks set up, and 3 that were recently broken down due to deaths and tank mergers and upgrades.

MTS is not a curse, Its a blessing. Embrace it and be happy*

[*Happiness may result in unhappiness of spouces and/or wallets/bankaccounts ]

My friends got me a betta last year for my birthday. I eventually bought him a 5 gal tank. Then for my birthday this year, I got a 20 gal!

Hello...My name is Rose and I am an Aquarium Addict......Phew! *wipes forehead* I am so glad to get that off my chest! :mrgreen:

I gotta tell you how I got started before MTS struck. My friend won a goldfish at a county fair. She gave him to me. I didn't know what to do, so I put him in a big vase. He lived three day so I bought him a bowl. Then I got him a 10g tank. Then I started researching fish. (Big mistake!) Then I bought a 20g so I could start a FW community. Now I have acquired a 50g long with Sharks and Gouramis and a Pictus.

Did I mention I'm in tank heaven and my husband thinks he's in tank purgatory? *grins*

hmmm. plecos scratch acrilic? lol. thats where my lines came from. but i have some scratches on the inside of my 5 gallon and done know what its from but whatever. i started out with a like 1/3 gallon betta bowl my sis brought back from collage. upgraded 2 a 1 gallon bowl. went o 5 gallon. then 10 gallon now 29 gallon. i want a 55 gallon but my parents wont let me :'(

Back
Top Bottom